If you are like me, you must have already given up on the American mainstream media to report anything negative about the kings and dictators in North Africa. No American media, be it radio, TV or newspapers, will publish or broadcast a report on the repressive regimes of Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia.
The April 9 elections in Algeria that saw Bouteflika elected for the third term was not mentioned because they cannot present them as fair elections. Therefore, the media just ignores the event.
In the above-mentioned article, the author, Alfred de Montesquiou, report on the winemaking in Morocco. He quotes a winemaker by the name of Mehdi Bouchara who said that Morocco is a country of tolerance.
Let me kick myself a little or better let me laugh a bit. Is this guy serious? Does the journalist believe him? If Morocco was tolerant, it would:
- Tolerate Berber families to freely choose names to their children instead of forcing Arab names on them.
- Stop the repression of the people of Morocco.
- Free the Berber students who are in Moroccan jails.
- Not institute a list of banned names that Moroccan families cannot give their children. Also banned are Christian names.
- Fight the dire living conditions of the Moroccan
Mr. Alfred de Montesquiou and Mr. Mehdi Bouchara, I must tell you that Morocco is neither tolerant nor modern. It is simply a kingdom with a tyrant king, who has more than 10 castles.
To summarize, the article is nothing but propaganda for the Moroccan king. In the past I have read articles about playing gold in Morocco. Now, it is about wine in Morocco. What a joke!
Do not expect anything more substantial to be published in the American media about Morocco, Algeria, or Tunisia.